ttflywheels_test_ad

Welcome to the
Tri-Newbies Online Discussion Forum

Advertisement

Getting Started
New Page 1
Tri-Newbies Home ->  Tri-Newbies Online -> Tri-Newbies Online Discussion Forum -> View Thread
Home | General-Tri | Swim | Bike | Run | Training Programs | Wellness | Resources | Links

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ironman in 8 months
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Tri-Newbies Online -> Tri-Newbies Online Discussion ForumMessage format

Novaboy
Posted 2015-12-31 4:26 PM (#642634)
Subject: Ironman in 8 months

Ok kids,

I did Ironman Florida in 2000. Yes 2000, over 15 years ago. Ya I was busy, kids, career, a couple of moves across the country, other hobbies, basically everything but training for a tri. Oh I did do an Olympic distance about 5 years ago. It went well on 3 months of training.

Last year I did an ultra-marathon, 67km off road run. It was brutal, harder than the Ironman I did. Well, as far as my memory serves me anyway.

I have been running consistently and just got back into cycling again, swimming, well.....I swam the length of my 9ft leash to my surfboard the other day. I did swim competitively about 30 years ago. Not that matters at the age of 46.

Where am I going with this? The Ironman bug has bit me again. That picture of me crossing the finish line in Panama City, oh so long ago, that I pass by and look at almost everyday, has finally started to have an effect on me.

For those IM experts and wannabe, or think I am experts, can I realistically train enough and get through an IM distance race by August 21. IM Mont Tremblant.

Or should I go for a 70.3 in 2016 and an IM in 2017?

OK, Trinewbies, let 'er rip.

Thanks
Terry
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
What's HOT!

Read Review Here

Google Ads

(Delete all cookies set by this site)