ttflywheels_test_ad

Welcome to the
Tri-Newbies Online Discussion Forum

Advertisement

Getting Started
New Page 1
Tri-Newbies Home ->  Tri-Newbies Online -> Tri-Newbies Online Discussion Forum -> View Thread
Home | General-Tri | Swim | Bike | Run | Training Programs | Wellness | Resources | Links

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sticky Roll call - Who are you? newbies/lurkers play along
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Tri-Newbies Online -> Tri-Newbies Online Discussion ForumMessage format

inSANe DIEGO
Posted 2009-03-16 2:03 PM (#625910 - in reply to #620834)
Subject: Re: Roll call - Who are you? newbies/lurkers play along

Hello. The name is John. I used to race time trials and I practically lived on a bike. After taking 1.5 years off the bike I decided to get back into it and began riding with all my old racing buddies. I went from 10 miles/month to about 110 HARD MILES/week (well some of those were recovery miles, but not that it mattered). My fitness was skyrocketing! After a month I ended up with patellar tendinitis in both knees. Yes, I knew better, but I was seduced by the monstrous gains and my competitive drive...

Having to virtually stay off the bike for the first 3 months of my recovery I started swimming for my cardio. After realizing that I was now having to refine my in-water skills to prevent injury I decided that if/when I could get the knees back to normal I would give multisport a try. (Three years later) I've now been able to run on a treadmill regularly for the past 2 months. I'm back into a consistent workout schedule and I've set a goal for my first sprint tri in May. So here I am today checking things out and seeing what comes next...

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
What's HOT!

Read Review Here

Google Ads

(Delete all cookies set by this site)