ttflywheels_test_ad

Welcome to the
Tri-Newbies Online Discussion Forum

Advertisement

Getting Started
New Page 1
Tri-Newbies Home ->  Tri-Newbies Online -> Tri-Newbies Online Discussion Forum -> View Thread
Home | General-Tri | Swim | Bike | Run | Training Programs | Wellness | Resources | Links

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mooseman 1/2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Tri-Newbies Online -> Tri-Newbies Online Discussion ForumMessage format

dotawall
Posted 2007-06-04 12:00 PM (#578395)
Subject: Mooseman 1/2

Regular

So I had two goals for this race: 1) <5:50 which was kind of a tall order considering the last time I did this course 2 years ago I rolled in with a 6:21 and change to complete my very first race of this distance. 2) get onto the second lap of the run before Molly finished for the day and took top honors and the syrup (award) in my age group.

Onto the good stuff: race day morning was classic New England weather. Cool, cloudy, zero wind and on/off rain. Temps were in the low-mid 60's and the water was cool. Must admit that it was pretty nice to race in versus the heat!

Swim - 39:02. Apparently this is the time range I'm stuck at 38:30-39:30. Must learn to swim in a straight line damnit. Still over the place despite my lame attempts at sighting. Pretty uneventful as far as swims went though. Not very crowded and subsequently no fun underwater slug fests.

T1 - 3:16.

Bike- 2:57:09 (I want to say I was 3:15 and change the last time I did this course so woohoo!!!). My game plan for the bike was to just go as hard as I could for the whole thing and let the chips fall where they may when it came time to run. Couldn't be happier with the split. I've been playing with a power tap all winter and killing myself with intervals and FTP tests. Hell...I even sunk low enough to complete the damn hardcore 100 spinerval twice earlier this spring. Avg Spd 19 mph and avg hr 154.

T2 - 2:56. Must. get. the. lead. out. Oy. Usually much faster than this in the transitions but then again...tying the sneaks was tough with cold fingers.

Run- 1:56:10 (last time was 2:22). Going into the race, I was determined to not walk a step of this thing. Always felt like the mental part had been the big culprit in past races and did not want a repeat this go around. Legs were tired but loosened up quickly so I was able to hold 8:30 pace for the first 10 miles. That's about when the wheels came off on the last pair of bigger hills. Last few mile splits were funny and slowing but hey- I got onto that second lap before Molly took the AG win which is a first for me so woohoo!!

Total time: 5:38:31
8th AG, and 50th female overall

Thanks for reading.

-Leigh
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
What's HOT!

Read Review Here

Google Ads