ttflywheels_test_ad

Welcome to the
Tri-Newbies Online Discussion Forum

Advertisement

Getting Started
New Page 1
Tri-Newbies Home ->  Tri-Newbies Online -> Tri-Newbies Online Discussion Forum -> View Thread
Home | General-Tri | Swim | Bike | Run | Training Programs | Wellness | Resources | Links

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tri-Shark Sprint, Bloomington IL
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Tri-Newbies Online -> Tri-Newbies Online Discussion ForumMessage format

crazynewbie
Posted 2007-06-04 9:28 AM (#578336)
Subject: Tri-Shark Sprint, Bloomington IL

Elite Veteran

This was my 3rd year doing this race, it's very popular small race in Bloomington, IL. This year it sold out before 8am the day registration opened.

Nothing much to report. Overall I was about 1:40 slower then I was last year, all in the run which really disappointed me. And I missed placing in the Cyldes 39 and younger by 50 seconds. If I at least hit my time from last year, I would have taken home some hardware. Oh, well, it's over.

Swim: Nothing unusual. Took me about 200 yds to calm down and find my stroke, but then I actually started passing people and actually passed some from the wave before me. Out of the water about 30 sec faster then last year.

T1: Exact same time from last year 1:37.

Bike: Love this bike course, has a false flat coming out of the state park, but then the first turn you can just hammer it and get up to about 30 mph for about 2 miles before you start hitting rollers. One really good climb right at the end then back down the false flat where you hammer it again. About 10 sec's slower then last year, but still a good time.

T2: Nothing to report, got my shoes, hat and belt and I was off.

Run: This is where I evidently fell apart. I need to do more bricks. The course is slightly hilly and my legs just wern't feeling it. It was more uphill on the out and more downhill on the back so I picked it up a bit on the way back, but it was a lost effort at that time. Crossed the line in 1:28 and some change. Like I said, about 1:40 slower then last year.

My wife on the other hand though had a great race and cut almost 6 mins off her time from last year. She picked up 3rd in Athena's 39 and younger for the second year in a row. It was funny, on weigh-in the night before, she was right on the line for 150.

Still was a good weekend of camping, good weather, other then some rain each night.

My next race is in Warsaw IN in 2 weeks, I'm going to focus on bricks for the next two weeks to try get my legs working well after the run.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by crazynewbie 2007-06-04 9:29 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
What's HOT!

Read Review Here

Google Ads

(Delete all cookies set by this site)