ttflywheels_test_ad

Welcome to the
Tri-Newbies Online Discussion Forum

Advertisement

Getting Started
New Page 1
Tri-Newbies Home ->  Tri-Newbies Online -> Tri-Newbies Online Discussion Forum -> View Thread
Home | General-Tri | Swim | Bike | Run | Training Programs | Wellness | Resources | Links

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weight Training
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Tri-Newbies Online -> Tri-Newbies Online Discussion ForumMessage format

bckirkland
Posted 2007-05-25 6:58 PM (#577497)
Subject: Weight Training

Veteran

This topic may have already been covered so I apologize in advance if it has, but I'm really curious on this. I'm new to the sport and have loved the training program that I've been doing thus far and am stoked for my first race on June 3rd, a sprint in Lansing, MI.

But what I'm curious about is I've been doing nothing but endurance training for the past 15 weeks and after my first race I'd like to start incorporating some level of weight training into my workout schedule. My fear is that I'll burn myself out and won't be able to perform effectively during tri's, which is more important to me. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions on this front? I know that when I first started my current training program I incorporated a 20-30 minute ab program into my workouts everyday to build core body strength and what I found was that was burning me out. It's hard to believe that that little of a workout would cash me out, but I noticed that when I took two weeks off from doing it, my workouts got much better and my evergy levels were alot higher throughout the day. Any thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
What's HOT!

Read Review Here

Google Ads

(Delete all cookies set by this site)