ttflywheels_test_ad

Welcome to the
Tri-Newbies Online Discussion Forum

Advertisement

Getting Started
New Page 1
Tri-Newbies Home ->  Tri-Newbies Online -> Tri-Newbies Online Discussion Forum -> View Thread
Home | General-Tri | Swim | Bike | Run | Training Programs | Wellness | Resources | Links

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pirates of the Carribean 3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Tri-Newbies Online -> Tri-Newbies Online Discussion ForumMessage format

surferdave
Posted 2007-06-04 1:03 PM (#578422 - in reply to #577584)
Subject: Wow, what a mess

Expert

I think that the only thing I'll remember about this movie in a year will be the monkey freezing his ass off on the deck of the ship. I giggled hysterically at that for the whole scene.

Like I said in the Spidey 3 thread, I think that a complex plot works okay in a movie as long as there's a strong central theme that all the other themes converge on. I thought Spidey 3 had that, but this movie did not; it was just all over the place. You mentioned several loose ends and baffling sub plots yourself. I can think of quite a few more (for instance, what the heck was the opening scene with the kid amongst all the pirates at the gallows all about?).

I suppose that for the uber fan who is willing to watch the last two films again on video it all comes together, but I thought that they both lacked the top notch story telling of the first movie.

I didn't stay for the post credit scene, but I'm reasonably certain that I wouldn't have had I known about it. That's exactly how I felt upon hearing that I had missed such a scene at the last X-Men movie.

All in all, I think i'd rather watch Bruce's pirate reality show than see this one again.

Okay, that was too harsh. But I do wish I had just gone to see Spidey again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
What's HOT!

Read Review Here

Google Ads

(Delete all cookies set by this site)