1) Face the machine. Grip the rope taking the bottom of
the rope in either hand. Keep your elbows bent just past 90
degrees (see top photo).
2) Keep your elbows by your side during the full range of
3) Push the weight down on a two second count and let it
rise on a four count. Let your arms come up just past 90 degrees
before pushing down again.
TRICEPS WITH DUMBBELLS
1) Working the left arm first, place the dumbbell in your
2) Choose a light weight that you can work with. Form is
very important. As you improve, you can add weight.
3) Place your right knee on the bench, left leg flat on
the ground, knee slightly bent (see photo below). Lean forward
on the bench using your right hand for support. Your back should
be as flat as possible.
4) Hold the weight in your left hand, bend the elbow 90
degrees so your upper arm is parallel with your body and your
lower arm is facing down.
5) Keep your upper arm level and steady, push the lower
arm back until it is level with the upper arm. Do this on a two
count. Then lower the arm back towards the ground on a four
6) DO NOT SWING YOUR ARM. Often times, we tend to get
into a rhythm and start swinging our arm backwards and forward.
This is cheating! And could lead to injury.
7) After completing your reps, repeat the same steps with
the right arm.