1) Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat on the
2) Place your hands behind your head, barely touching your head.
The hands are used for support only.
3) Lift with your abs and bring the shoulders just off the
4) When lifting, look towards the ceiling and point your chin
towards the ceiling or place a tennis ball under your chin when
lifting. The key is to keep the head steady.
5) Remember, DO NOT bend your neck, or pull on your head with
your hands. The hands are their to help support the head when
There are a variety of crunches you can perform and many of you
may have a series of crunches you already perform. Whatever the
exercise, always remember...DO NOT PULL ON YOUR HEAD OR NECK
WHEN SITTING UP.